Thursday, September 22, 2005

Hurricane Rita will probably miss Dallas, darn it

Here in the Dallas Ft. Worth area, there was a possibility that we could actually experience Catagory 1 winds from this storm...amazing this far inland. The latest update puts the predicted center of the storm to our east, which is perversely disappointing to me. I guess there is still the small boy inside me that found hurricanes to be, well, fun. Growing up in Florida, a hurricane meant sleeping bags in the church, or a night in a motel. It was exciting and although we had some broken windows here and there, it didn't seem that dangerous to me as a kid. Although I know better now, there is still a feeling of adventure in being up close and personal with one of nature's most awesome forces. Keep those damned tornados away though!

No comments: