Sunday, April 16, 2006

Good Friday In My Father's Garden

My father always planted his garden on Good Friday. He never said why, but I've read that Good Friday was thought to be a good day for planting seeds (a reference to the Gospel about the seeds which must be planted in the ground to bear fruit as a metaphor for Christ's necessary death and His burial on this day), and I believe that was his reason.
Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds."
And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
And my father also saw that it was good.Posted by Picasa

No comments: