Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Roach In The News

Listening to the radio on my drive to work this morning, I was surprised to hear several different news stories all featuring my surname.

The AP reported that "Wynonna Judd said she filed for divorce Tuesday from her estranged husband, Dan R. Roach, after his arrest in Texas on sex charges involving a minor. Roach was arrested Thursday in Abilene and charged with three counts of aggravated sexual battery against a child younger than 13, according to Nashville police."

The second story, also from AP, concerns one Lawrence Roach. "Roach and his wife, Julia, divorced in 2004 after 18 years of marriage. The 48-year-old utility worker agreed to pay her $1,250 a month in alimony. Since then, Julia Roach, 55, had a sex change and legally changed her name to Julio Roberto Silverwolf.
"It's illegal for a man to marry a man and it should likewise be illegal for a man to pay alimony to a man," said John McGuire, one of Roach's attorneys. "When she changed to man, I believe she terminated that alimony."

Silverwolf?

By the way, there is no relation (at least that I'm aware of) between these people and my own family.

No comments: