Thursday, June 05, 2008

The 7 Basic Blog Posts

According to a recent editorial in Wired, there are just seven basic blog posts that you can shoehorn most entries in to. You can peruse the article for the details, but in summary, they are:

  1. Be Upset - Obama! NASA! Grrrr!
  2. Buy A Thing
  3. Animals Are Cute - Especially my dog Ellie
  4. People Are Dumb
  5. Something I Like, Only Different - A cheeseburger, but in a can
  6. Weird Science - The bread-and-butter of AstroRoach
  7. Me, the Blogger

I think you could find examples of most of these here on AstroRoach without too much trouble, but I'm not much on posting about myself, and I certainly don't ask you to buy anything or even have advertising.

I also don't often post about how dumb people are, in part because I don't want to invite criticism of my own intelligence, but also because it's scary. It's the same reason that I can't stand to watch the "Jaywalking" segments on the Tonight Show. I can't laugh. I just think "Oh my god, this is the future of our country. We're in deep kimchi."

No comments: