Monday, October 20, 2008

Gun Control


Back in September (it seems so long ago), Obama tried to quell the doubts of a skeptical crowd concerning his stance on gun control. As reported in the Wall Street Journal
“If you’ve got a gun in your house, I’m not taking it,’’ Obama said. But the Illinois senator could still see skeptics in the crowd, particularly on the faces of several men at the back of the room.

So he tried again. “Even if I want to take them away, I don’t have the votes in Congress,’’ he said. “This can’t be the reason not to vote for me."
Oh yes it can. With Democratic control of both houses,  are you willing to bet your 2nd amendment rights that he can't get the votes?

Now, I don't have any obligation to be "fair and balanced" but in the video above, Obama is questioned about how he can say this while still supporting the D.C. handgun ban. His reply is calm and reassuring and scares me.

No comments: