Saturday, January 01, 2011

How I spent 1-1-11

Welcome to 2011. I hope everyone had a safe and fun holiday.  I spent the first part of New Years Eve with my wife and my mom, helping to babysit our beautiful grandchildren so their parents could have a well deserved night out. We couldn't have had a better time. We are truly blessed.

This morning I got up early and fixed a proper breakfast for everyone, featuring my famous omelettes and biscuits with sausage gravy. Later we had some hot cornbread and Black-Eyed peas that's I'd simmered overnight, filling the house with a wonderful aroma (the diced ham, tomatoes,  onions, garlic, peppers and spices I added really took it up a notch. Bam!) Now, I don't follow college football, but my lovely bride does, and she spent most of the day watching her beloved Florida Gators, Texas Tech and TCU win all their bowl games. She's a happy camper today.

Hope you had a good New Years too.

No comments: