Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Fractured Engrish



As anyone who's read a few of my posts already knows, I'm certainly not qualified to be an arbiter of grammar. People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones - or, as translated by BabelFish from English to Chinese to English again, Who resides in to live in the glass house should not throw the stone. However, despite the fact that I'm just barely able to construct a coherent sentence myself, I just can't help laughing at these translations. Some are so far off you can't really determine what they were trying to convey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's always fun encountering these. The ad in the second photo is actually one in a long series put out by JT (the Delight Factory) promoting conscientious smoker etiquette. They're all pretty quirky.